New York, NY, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
To sum it up...
Want to be part of a leading next generation bitcoin exchange? Big visions being made a reality by leading entrepreneurs.
- Develop new products and product features, both solo and with a small team, in the functional areas of a -financial exchange, customer accounts ledger, blockchain operations, public-facing website, Internal administration website, API automation access, anti-money laundering (AML)and know-your- customer (KYC) compliance
- Write automated tests and describe manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features.
- Provide technical input to the planning, design, and requirements gathering process for new products and product features.
- Review other software engineers’ code for correctness, style, and information security concerns.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology is preferable but not required for the role.
- At least one year experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field.
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
Technologies & frameworks