Senior Clojure Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
To sum it up...
Our platforms serve millions of users a month, process thousands of comparisons a day, and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. We’re a tech-driven business that focuses on outcomes over output using low ceremony agile delivery and cross functional teams.
What you might be working on:
- Working with multiple teams to deliver product API’s that power comparison journeys across brands
- Working with analysts to develop and refine data strategy, helping understand what our data should look like and how we surface it responsibly
- Working with the business operations teams in Commercial, Marketing, Finance and Product to deliver internal applications to help them run some of UKs best comparison sites
- Working with multiple other teams to help drive consumer personalisation
- Tech stack: working with
GraphQLand deploying to
- Day to day you would be working directly with stakeholders in commercial, marketing, finance, web and compliance to achieve the desired outcomes in a pragmatic fashion. Shipping code. Making your work visible in tools like Trello. Participating in team planning and continual improvement 📊
We take pride in delivering accessible, performant, and functional experiences.
- You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have immediate, meaningful impact - we deploy up to 150 times a day
- Care about
data strategy- without our data we wouldn’t have a business
- Passionate about performance and data
- Pragmatic solutions to business problems that start at requirements gathering and end in delivering value
- Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross functional agile teams - we value people that want to push themselves into unknown territories
- Want to be involved in the larger engineering community, and contribute back to that community through open source projects and conferences
- Understand that technology is a tool and changes over time requiring continual learning and mastery, always bringing new ideas to the table 💡
- Have a deep understanding of system design and the surrounding architecture
- We aren’t wedded to languages, but you should know how an application works for a customer
- Previous experience in distributed and event based systems
- Can produce robust systems, experienced in defensive coding and understanding handling of failure modes, monitoring and owning production systems
- A competitive salary and bonus package 💰
- Learning and training budget
- Linux or Apple or Windows machine 🍏
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks ☕
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off 🎂
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes 🏋️♀️
- Flexi holiday policy 🏖️
- Bike to work scheme 🚴♀️
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes 🚂
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids 🍼
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding 🍾
London is the capital of the United Kingdom, situated in the South East of the island. The world's largest financial centre, London is also often referred to the culture capital of the world. The city is well-known for its heritage, including Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Kew Gardens, Westminster Abbey, and the historic settlement of Greenwich. London Underground is the oldest urban railway network in the world.
Technology workers in London earn 60pc more than the city average, with the figure even higher for foreign born workers, who earned 28pc more than their British counterparts in tech jobs. London can be considered as a center for professional relocation. Furthermore, there are over 100 of Europe's 500 largest companies' headquarters in London.
The city is famous for unpredictable weather. For instance, it could be cold, warm and rainy in one day and it’s often the topic of conversation across the city.
Did you know...
- 2.5M people, one third of Londoners, are foreign born
- 40% of Greater London is green space
Technologies & frameworks