Senior Site Reliability Engineer
New York, NY, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
To sum it up...
Want to be part of a leading next generation bitcoin exchange? Big visions being made a reality by leading entrepreneurs.
This individual will work closely with our existing three-person SRE team in developing and managing all of the infrastructure. Specific responsibilities will include system administration of servers in our data center and in our cloud platform as well as application deployment, development of monitoring and configuration tools, and system optimization.
- 5+ years experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- 2+ years experience with metrics collection and monitoring (open source or commercial)
- Keen sense of automation to create consistent and predictable infrastructure
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Proficient in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Understanding of IP network functionality (e.g., TCP, UDP, multicast)
- Understanding of offload engines and why they are important
- Working knowledge of how to debug networking issues
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years in capital markets (e.g., exchange, market maker, latency-sensitive broker)
- 5+ years running bare-metal systems
- System tuning and kernel optimization
- 2+ years experience in cloud platform administration
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
Technologies & frameworks