> Blockchains do not scale to a global user-base of seven billion people.
Rust engineering at Heliax focuses on building, extending, and maintaining decentralized, permissionless, and censorship-resistant protocols. We are looking for experienced project managers that are interested in applying existing organizational and leadership skills to facilitate timely delivery of high-quality open-source technology to solve outstanding problems in the blockchain space.
As the project manager of Heliax engineering, you will be responsible for planning and designation of project resources, monitoring development progress, and keeping stakeholders informed the entire way.
- Acting as a liaison between the development teams in multiple geographies.
- Tracking all aspects of the development process, including development and testing milestones, documentation impact, and release schedules, to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and in scope
- Working closely with engineering team members to assist in the definition of project scope and objectives and ensure technical feasibility
- Performing risk management for existing and new projects
- Tracking project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Managing changes and change requests to the project’s scope
- Providing advice and guidance on selection of tools, procedures, and development methodologies
- Project management of Anoma
- Experience managing software engineering projects, especially ones working on a complex, real-world R&D software product with security-critical safety considerations
- Excellent communication skills, clear written prose, and talent for synthesizing perspectives while working with a globally diverse range of engineers, contributors, and users
- A high degree of personal responsibility and ownership: you’ll be responsible for setting deadlines and holding yourself and the project accountable to them
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to multitask, and adjusting priorities and strategies in response to the needs of the project
- Openness to novel project management approaches and experience creating project management strategies, as the team is highly autonomous and not wedded to a particular existing methodology or philosophy such as Scrum or Agile
- Interest in open-source projects, Web3, and cryptography
- PMP or other project management certification
- Experience in a related field
Remote or local (Zürich/Zug, Berlin). When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 7 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys nature and hiking 🏔️.