Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working
To sum it up...
REZI software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users rent. Our products need to handle information securely and extend well beyond web technologies. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on. Your skill set will expand and evolve with our fast-paced business growth as you work on projects critical to REZI’s needs. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
● Solve problems in an environment where problems are open-ended.
● Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
● Build applications using Java based stacks leveraging a plethora of AWS services.
● Implement using strong CS fundamentals, Object Oriented & Functional Design and Data Structures.
● Develop applications with basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (css sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times.
● Developing consumer facing single-page web applications and build secure backend service & storage systems to support them.
● Write performant SQL queries for application development, reporting and analytics.
● Engage in Code Reviews and make strong recommendations as well as learn from best design patterns and clean coding practices.
● Work with the CTO, Engineering, Product & Design Managers to ensure alignment on a common roadmap, strategy and direction.
● Work with the research team to build technical solutions needed to automate the collection of property data for enhancing Company’s lease valuation, tenant behavior modeling efforts to help assess the risk of the Company’s portfolio.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar degree/field or equivalent practical experience.
● Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
● 5+ years of professional experience in engineering.
● Extensive programming experience in Java, C++, or similar (Java strongly preferred).
● Experience with relational databases (preferred MySQL).
● Technical knowledge of mobile application development (Android/iOS/Mobile Browser).
The Ideal Candidate
● Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field.
● Follow the current trends in the chosen tech stack and keep updated with the new developments in technology to always improve existing technology.
● Knows Java 8, has knowledge of what Java 9 module system is, and can make a sound judgment of when to use functional vs OOPs construct.
● Adhere strongly to code style guides for shipping best quality code that is not only performant but is a pleasure to read as well.
● Understand the cost to switch technical stacks along with associated performance implications.
● Understands the importance of learning and knowing HTML5 API(s) over frameworks.
● Have tuned web-servers to support concurrent requests in a multi-threaded environment (including JVM internals).
● Knows relational databases and understand the balance between normalization & denormalization and use them to solve practical problems.
● Empathetic Orientation
● Entrepreneurial mindset
● Process Orientation
● Service Orientation
● Analytical Orientation
● Team Player
● Self Aware, Coachable and Resilient - This is someone with exceptionally high “EQ”- tuned to how she/he is perceived, what is driving their inclinations and reactions, thrives on input and feedback from a 360 degree perspective and ultimately, views mistakes as tools, not wounds.
● Has written code to develop fault tolerant, resilient and multi-threaded architecture.
● Has worked on improving performance of application to sub-second response times.
● Has worked with microservices and monoliths and knows which approach fits where (with reason).
● Has demonstrated the ability to train juniors as well as peers when needed.
● Has demonstrated the ability to create software solutions to provide a completely digital experience for internal and external users that materially improve the user experience.
● Has transformed designs into functional components across web, mobile and databases.
● Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
● Has developed secure, authenticated and role-based REST API(s) across multiple platforms and computing environments.
● Leveraged & learnt from Apache, Eclipse, Linux open source foundations as well as time-proven and robust libraries from Google, Netflix et al.
● Experience with distributed caching techniques like Memcached or Redis.
● Large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
● Experience with big data analysis and machine learning using languages like R, Python.
New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English
Rent Better People have been dealing with the same renting nightmares for years: snail mail applications, skyrocketing fees, broken leases, broken hopes… There have been quick-fixes and band-aid solutions, but no one has been able to tackle all the headaches of renting in a new way. As renters and entrepreneurs, we created REZI to fix what was broken. We are shaking the status-quo of the real estate space for the next generation of renters by rebuilding it from the ground up. REZI leverages the latest tools in technology, analytics, and finance to revolutionize every aspect of the business. We get rid of the old inefficiencies to focus on empowering both tenants and property owners every step of the way. For Landlords REZI takes all risks out of the equation for landlords by guaranteeing their income and taking over every aspect of the renting process. Vacancy and vetting are a thing of the past. Our online platform and solutions make leasing quick and painless. For Tenants We built a fast, easy, and free experience to help renters find their next home – starting with an online approval process. We removed broker fees and replaced unnecessary bias with financial eligibility and secure background checks. It’s a fair market for everyone.
- Flexible Working
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
- Flexible working