Functional Programmers are Better Programmers
Functional Programming (FP) is both a magnet and a filter.
Whether you are:
- A Functional programmer, trying to convince your boss to move away from [insert non-functional language] to save your sanity?
- A Tech Lead, thinking about how you could improve on your current code base?
- A Founder, formulating your new tech stack?
FP is always a good choice, producing a dependable, reusable code base primed for scalability, distribution and concurrency. But it gets better.
FP is a Magnet
It attracts intelligent programmers. Due to the need for strict discipline while coding, and its mathematical basis. This generates more attention and support internally and externally, increasing the stickiness and durability of your cause.
- A Functional programmer calling for the adoption of FP will quickly be joined by a group of peers, enough to form a picket line.
- A tech lead will have more stakeholders monitoring the project internally, resulting in greater praise when it is inevitably successful, and leading to the greater/wholesale conversion of the code base.
- A founder will quickly garner attention from the community, raising the profile of both the new company and the product.
FP is a Filter
It filters the programmers that want to work with you, leaving you with those with either a large amount of experience or ambitious learners.
- A Functional programmer will be surrounded by a group of peers that will provide opportunities to learn and to be mentally challenged in equal measure.
- A tech lead will have an eager group wanting to get involved in the project, making a more vocal and happier team.
- A founder will have more applications from more experienced/motivated programmers, making hiring easier and of a higher quality, which results in a better product.
- Do you already use Functional Programming commercially?
- Are you are trying to get it adopted at work?
- Or are you striking out on a new project using FP?
We would like to hear about it. The more examples of commercial FP adoption, the faster the community as a whole can grow.
If you are looking to get into Functional Programming, make sure you sign into our site here for all the latest and greatest roles using Scala, Haskell, Clojure and more. Also, we built it using Clojure, which is pretty cool.