Average salaries, favourite languages and more: A look at the state of Functional Programming
As big fans of Functional Programming we decided to give some insight into the state of the FP community.
We looked at data from Github, Stackshare, StackOverflow and Reddit as well as our own platform to give a comprehensive look at which languages devs use, where they want to work and how much they're getting paid.
There are hundreds of Functional Programming jobs live on our platform and we're actually hiring for positions all over the world. Users can see and search jobs by salary, languages and visa requirements. You can sign up here
- Scala is the most popular language in FP even with its mix of OOP and FP
- Golang is still growing incredibly quickly and has a huge support group on Reddit
- The vast majority of Functional jobs are on-site but Remote is growing year on year
- UK Functional salaries are very slightly higher than mainland Europe
- US salaries remain significantly higher than both UK and EU and are growing at a faster rate
- Rust is still the most loved language by StackOverflow users